It's been a year! Time for an update on the proposed medical marijuana ordinance. (I am going to use the "j" spelling of marijuana for my own consistency, while State Law uses the "h" spelling)
- December 4, 2018: There was a Public Hearing at the City Council meeting. Many residents spoke at hearing.
- May 28, 2019: A Joint City Council and Planning Commission meeting was held to discuss a potential medical marijuana ordinance.
- June 18, 2019: City Council voted to direct the City Attorney to draft a medical marijuana ordinance.
- August 6, 2019: City Council discusses proposed medical marijuana ordinance with input from joint meeting.
- December 17, 2019: City Council votes to confirm the Planning Commission continue with its review of the proposed medical marijuana ordinance (yeas: DeMonaco, Lucido, Curley; nays: Owens, Baker)
- February 13, 2020: Planning Commission holds Special Meeting to continue discussing proposed medical marijuana ordinance.
- March 17, 2020: Medical marijuana ordinance on City Council agenda. Click here for the ordinance modifying building regulations, and here for the zoning ordinance change.
- June 16, 2020: Second Reading and adoption of Medical Marijuana Facility Ordinances - Building Regulations and Zoning.
City Council has been provided maps showing potential parcels for medical marijuana facilities according to our proposed Ordinance language, as well as a few other maps for illustrative purposes. The maps have been created using GIS, and were provided by our professional planner, McKenna Associates.
[Updated July 8, 2020]